The following aspects are the one that should be considered by a person, who is analysing whether or not a particular payment is covered within the definition of Interest under various DTAA : –
- Taxation of Interest under the Domestic Tax laws in India;
- Scope of definition of Interest in select International tax Treaties, vis a vis the domestic tax laws;
- When is interest said to accrue of arise in India ?
- Concessional treatment of taxation of Interest in Source state;
- Computation of tax on gross or net basis ?